Post 9 - Cinema and its study programme

To be honest, I like how is my study programme, in general. There are a few things I would like to change. Now, the study programme of my career, cinema, has changed and my generation is the last one to study this curriculum. I have compared my programme with the new one, and I can say it's better, but there are some subjects I think are important to keep.
In my study programme, I would like to reduce some subjects. I consider important the subjects we share with journalist students, but some of them take a lot of time, reading or making essays, etc. And, of course, to us is more important our works related to cinema, like producing our short films or recording, etc. I think it doesn't sound very good, but we always need to play tetris with our time at the of the semester.
I think that, related to cinema subjects, I would like to add some Art Direction subject and Production earlier. Those are some areas I think are important and Art Direction doesn't appear in our programme and we produce our short films the 3 first years by ourselves, but not knowing how it is exactly.
And about the new programme, I think that is better than the current programme, but I think there are some subjects, like Classic Cinema, in which I learnt a lot about the appreciation of a film that I think the new students must have too.
I think the length of the career is good, but at the same time, is a too much considering that cinema is not a traditional career that we can learn just because we went to the university. At the end, we might end up studying more than 5 years, but already working in the industry.
And about some faculty facilities, I think the most important is about the equipment we use, like cameras, lights, sound equipment, etc. At the end of every semester, we need to use them and sometimes, they aren't enough. I know they are expensive, but we really need them. About the teachers, I think they are very good. Some of them better than others, but I can say I like the teachers I have had.
Even so, I like how is my programme. Of course there are changes I would like and they are in the new programme, but the most important thing and I think I can't be able to live it is to see the university without contructions.

We need more equipment ;;;

Comentarios

  1. The subject that we share with the journalism students take a lot of time, I definitely prefer the films subjects

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It's so real that we have to play tetris with our time haha
    We should be able to have more time for everything we have to do

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 1 - Looking for cold weather

Post 2 - Perfect holidays

Post 4 - Dreams