Post 4 - Dreams

I have a favorite director, who is Wes Anderson. But my favorite movie is not by him. Is The Red Shoes, directed by Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger, a 1948 movie, with Moira Shearer, Marius Goring and Anton Walbrook.


This movie is special to me because I love ballet. And this movie has, as scenary, this world and what involve the creation of a piece of ballet. Is magical how the Hans Christian Andersen's fairytale comes to life and enters into Victoria's life, played by Moira Shearer, who is a ballet dancer in real life. And also, the sidestory which follows every character: Victoria, a young dancer who wants to become a ballerina, the young composer and director who falls in love with the dancer, and the company director, who thinks that the artist must dedicate their life to the their career, but even so, he falls in love with the dancer too and feels frustrated when he discover the dancer and composer relationship. All of this put in tension the dreams of each one, getting entangled with the fairytale of the ballet.
I like movies that talks about the person and their relationships. Wes Anderson movies, with an original and particular style, talks about it and also, the family. The Red Shoes talks about the dreams and what is important for each one. Another reason, is because this movie is a classic in the ballet world and, since I love ballet, was one of the first movies I watched and involves this art.
And the last movie I watched was nothing to do with what I said before. It was Deadpool and, even if I don't like superheroes movies, I watched it with some friends during last week and I laughed a lot. I don't know if want to recommend it, but is good to have fun.

Ballet sequence from The Red Shoes

Comentarios

  1. I have never seen "the red shoes", it seems to be a good classic movie, and the trailer looks interesting. I think I'll watch it.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I don't like the superhero movies too, but "The red shoes" sound very interesting, I love the idea of ballet, it's a good recommendation!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I thought you would choose a Wes Anderson movie as your favorite, hehe. Anyway I have not seen 'The Red Shoes' before, but it sounds very interesting, and also it is like an 'old' movie. I'll give it a try.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 1 - Looking for cold weather

Post 2 - Perfect holidays